Have you ever wondered what it would cost to replace your personal and household items? Do you wonder if your homeowners insurance policy provides adequate insurance protection for your jewelry, electronics, or other important possessions? Are you comfortable with the insurance coverages on your current automobile policy? Is it sufficient to help you in case of an accident? Contact Smith Insurance Services, Inc. for a free insurance program review and stop questioning your security. Our family is here to serve and protect you and your family with all of your insurance needs.
Listen to our new “Smith Insurance Services – Commercial”
YOUR FREE QUOTE
Click below to get started.
Signup below to receive free periodic insurance tips from Smith Insurance Services!
- Contact your insurance agent and company as soon as possible to report your claim.
- Document Damage – Before doing any repairs to your home, photograph and make a list of all damage done.
- Temporary Repairs – Until you get advice from your insurance company, protect your home from further damage by making temporary repairs only. Save any receipts for materials for repair.
- Cost of Repairs – Do not have permanent repairs made until your insurance company has inspected your property and you have reached an agreement on the cost of repairs.
- Consider Shelter – If necessary, rent temporary shelter if your home is uninhabitable. Most homeowners policies pay additional living expenses while your property is being repaired. Before renting temporary shelter check with your insurance company or agent to determine if you will be reimbursed.
- Tree Removal – Most damage to your home and surrounding structures resulting from fallen trees is covered by your homeowners policy. Check with your agent or insurance company as removal costs may also be covered.
- Automobile Policy – If you have comprehensive coverage for your automobiles, check with your agent to determine whether your vehicle may be covered for fallen trees
Most insurance companies will discount both your home and automobile(s) when you insure both of them with the same company. They also give discounts for having more than one automobile on a policy. It is to your benefit to insure everything with the same company because the discounts are in your favor.
- What restrictions are parents putting on their teenage drivers to help them be safer drivers? According to the GMAC Insurance National Drivers Test:
- 64% of parents are imposing the “No mobile devices while driving” rule
- 50% of parents implement a driving curfew
- 35% of parents allow their teenagers to drive only locally and restrict them from driving on any highways
- 32% of parents don’t allow their teenagers to drive with friends in the car
- 22% of parents allow their teenagers to drive only if a parent is with them
- 9% of parents don’t impose any driving restrictions on their teenage drivers
FLOOD – Did you know:
- Floods kill an average of 140 people per year in the U.S., making flooding the most deadly natural disaster.
- More than half of all fatalities during floods are auto related, often the result of drivers misjudging the depth of the water on the road and being swept away in a swiftly moving current.
- The principal causes of floods in the eastern United States are hurricanes and storms.
- The principal causes of floods in the western United States are from snowmelt and rainstorms.
- Underpasses can be some of the most dangerous places to be during a flash flood – especially at night, when it is difficult to see.
WHO WE ARE
Our agency has a combined experience of over 133 plus years. We provide the community with coverage for home, auto, business, life, health, and financial well being. We can assist you in obtaining the best coverages, at the best price, while making customer service our priority.